Technical college Scholarship
Scholarship to attend the Fachoberschule (FOS) of the iDSB
Attractive prospects for new students – an offer from the International German School Brussels (iDSB)
Advanced technical college certificate (Fachabitur) – the “practical” path to training or study
What is it about?
Students’ educational biographies, talents, inclinations and interests are very individual. The German education system gives young people and their parents the opportunity to choose an educational pathway in which they can develop these individual prerequisites.
The great strength of the Fachoberschule (FOS) education pathway is the focus on technical-practical content and a very high practical component in the form of internships. The iDSB concentrates on the subject area of business and administration.
Who do we want to promote?
The call for applications is aimed at talented and motivated secondary school pupils as well as grammar school pupils who would like to achieve their vocational baccalaureate at the iDSB in two years.
The offer is particularly interesting for students in grade 10 who have already pre-oriented themselves professionally in the area of business & administration and would like to acquire a degree through practical vocational learning that will enable them to subsequently study.
What are the selection criteria?
Selection criteria are:
- High interest in a job-oriented education with a strong practical orientation
- Motivation, motivation and determination
- extracurricular ambitions and professional interest in the field of business & administration
- Social, civic or political commitment
What are the formal requirements?
- Applications are open to students of all school types in grade 10 (grade 11 in the school year of the scholarship) who are not yet members of the iDSB school community. Applications from siblings and/or children of staff members are excluded.
- The scholarship is only available to pupils whose school fees are borne by a natural person (e.g. parents or other legal guardian). Pupils whose school fees are normally borne or taken over by a legal entity (e.g. the
- employer of the parents) are excluded from the scholarship award.
- The level of German language skills must be sufficient to follow the lessons well (at least level B2 of the European Framework of Reference).
What does the scholarship include?
The scholarship includes:
- a school visit in our small FOS class,
- in an inviting school atmosphere with high quality teaching and a wide range of support opportunities, as well as
- a wide range of activities beyond the regular lessons.
Three two-year partial scholarships are offered, which cover the admission fee as well as 60% of the annual fee for the school education at the iDSB technical secondary school. The scholarship does not cover incidental expenses for excursions, teaching materials, cafeteria meals, etc.
Boarding school accommodation is not possible at the iDSB, but assistance in finding a host family can be arranged if necessary.
How can interested pupils apply?
Interested persons can apply by e-mail to our headmaster, Jochen Flohn, with the following documents: (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Letter of motivation from the student (approx. 1 DIN A4 page)
- Last school report
- Proof of German language skills
- Other certificates (optional)
If you have any questions, please contact our Welcome Office.
+32 (0)2 785 0135
Wir freuen uns auf viele interessante Bewerbungen!