This is important to us
Diversity as an opportunity
We ensure an environment that makes every child feel significant, unique, and an important part of the group. We focus on the personality and growth potential of your children and develop these individually.
German as a foreign language
About 50 % of the children in our bilingual kindergarten grow up in bilingual (or multilingual) families. Our goal is to strengthen these language skills in our pupils. At the same time, teaching of German language is a crucial task for our school. We offer intensive individual or small group programs for native speakers and foreign speakers.
Inclusion as an opportunity
At the iDSB we teach inclusively right from the kindergarten, advise parents on individual needs, and accompany children with and without inclusion diagnosis on their individual learning and life paths.
Diversity is a characteristic feature of our school. Here, everyone learns together. We understand inclusion in a broader sense – reducing barriers to playing, learning, and participation. In doing so, we place great value in educational quality, systematic teamwork in all areas of the everyday school life, and cooperation with parents.
Our guiding principle:
How do we shape our programs (structures and practices) within the limits of our financial resources to ensure optimal support for every child? In close-cooperation with the psychological-pedagogical service personnel at the school, we strive to find solutions that adapt the learning and playing to also suit children who have special needs.
With the school’s own psychological-pedagogical service of the iDSB, we offer your child, all parents and staff an excellent and professional counseling and support outside Germany.
Support for children, parents, teachers and the school
Children, parents, teachers and the school are the main focus of the psychological-pedagogical service (PPD). Its aim is to stimulate the development of personality, strengthen the school community, and promote the common well-being of the school.
The multi-professional team provides support and advice in the case of challenges with the everyday school life in confidential, personal talks, group activities, or through system support.
How we operate:
- We advise, coach, and support pupils, parents, and teachers in the case of challenges in the everyday school life. Our goal is to improve the class and school environment.
- We offer advice and support in diagnostic processes to ensure optimal assistance and treatment.
- We create support plans for pupils to optimize learning and performance (LRS, dyscalculia, ADHD).
- We participate in class conferences and pedagogical conferences to play a part in the implementation of support measures.
- We coordinate the cooperation between the school and our external network of helpers and, if necessary, arrange contacts with external specialists in order to ensure effective and sustainable assistance.
- We plan, implement, and evaluate projects and activities for pupils in order to strengthen their life and social skills.
- We monitor class trips in order to observe group-dynamic processes and offer appropriate leisure and educational programs.
- We organize trainings and lectures for parents and teachers to expand and deepen their knowledge and skills in dealing with children and adolescents.
Anne-Kathrin Albl – Social Pedagogue
Ulrike Lehmann – Special Educator
Madeleine Mentior – Psychologist
email@example.com oder +32.2.785 01 45