Welcome to the iDSB Realschule
Our Realschule starts in 5th grade (Orientierungsstufe) and leads to the lower secondary school diploma at the end of 9th grade or to the intermediate secondary school diploma in grade 10.
From grade 6 to 8, Realschule students learn together with high school students in differentiated instruction.
Our students learn in mandatory classes from 8:00 am to 3:40 pm.
Our students learn English at the Realschule. If interested, French or Dutch can be added as a second foreign language.
The successful graduation from the Realschule qualifies the student for starting a career, for transferring to 10th grade of the high school or for transferring to 11th grade of the specialized high school.
Classes and number of students
From grades 6 to 8, secondary school students learn together with high school students in differentiated lessons. Afterwards, secondary school students are intensively prepared for the final examinations in a small cross-year group of students from year 9/10. The class size is currently around 10 children.
Our students learn in mandatory classes from 8:00 am to 3:40 pm. On Wednesday and Friday, some classes end at 13:15.
German is the primary language of instruction.
In der RealAt the secondary school, our students learn English. If interested, French or Dutch can be added as a second foreign language.
Teaching is based on the Thuringian educational plan, which is considered a high-quality educational standard and is approved by the German authorities. This ensures successful school transfers within the German schools abroad and within the federal states. In addition, our comprehensive school curriculum with its educational offerings is tailored to the needs of our students.
Our welcome culture includes…
- trial days before a possible enrollment
- companionship by a mentor student who helps your child during the arrival phase
- many opportunities to easily make friends with schoolmates during our school activities
- a school community that offers you excellent tips and a network to help you quickly and easily find your way in Belgium
The successful graduation from the secondary school qualifies the students to enter the workforce, to transfer to grade 10 of the high school or to transfer to grade 11 of the specialized secondary school
lower secondary school diploma
- Written final examination at the end of the 9th grade in one subject (German or mathematics)
- Oral examination (subject is chosen freely)
secondary school diploma
- Written final examination at the end of the 10th grade in two subjects (German and English or mathematics)
- Oral examination (subject is freely chosen)
The secondary school already offers an internship in grade 9, which provides initial insights into possible occupational fields. A second one in grade 10 deepens the first practical experiences.
Registration secondary school
+32 (2) 785 01 35
Head of Realschule