Diversity as an opportunity
Each child is made to feel significant, unique and an important part of the group. The personality and development potential of your children are considered and promoted individually.
German as a foreign language
Around 50% of our children in the Bilingual Daycare Center grow up at least bilingual at home. We want to further strengthen this language treasure of our students. At the same time, teaching spoken and written German is a crucial mission for our school. For native as well as second and foreign language learners, we offer intensive individual and small group support.
Inclusion as an opportunity
At the iDSB we teach inclusively from kindergarten, advise parents according to individual needs and accompany children with and without inclusion diagnosis on their individual learning and life path.
Diversity is a characteristic of our school, everyone learns together. We understand inclusion in a broad sense – breaking down barriers to play, learning and participation. In doing so, we focus on pedagogical quality, systematic teamwork in all areas of everyday school life and cooperation with parents.
we act on the principle:
How do we have to design the offers (structures and practices) within our financial possibilities so that every child can be supported in the best possible way? Together with the Psychological-Pedagogical Service of the school we find solutions to adapt learning and playing to children who have different needs.
With the school’s own Psychological-Pedagogical Service of the iDSB, we offer your child, all parents and staff an excellent and professionally positioned counseling and support outside Germany.
Support for children, parents, teachers and school
Children, parents, teachers and the school are the focus of the work of the Psychological-Pedagogical Service (PPD). Its goal is to stimulate personality development, strengthen the community and promote well-being at school.
The multi-professional team provides support and counseling for challenges in the school day as needed in confidential one-on-one settings, through group activity, or through system support.
This is how we proceed:
- We advise, coach and accompany students, parents and teachers through the challenges of everyday school life with the aim of improving the class and school climate.
- We advise and accompany in diagnostic processes in order to be able to ensure appropriate support and treatment.
- We create support plans for students to optimize learning and performance (LRS, dyscalculia, ADHD).
- We participate in class conferences and pedagogical conferences in order to help implement support measures.
- We coordinate the cooperation between the school and our external network of helpers and arrange contacts to externalspecialists (if necessary) in order to be able to guarantee effective and sustainable help.We plan, implement and evaluate projects and activities for students to strengthen life and social skills.
- We accompany class trips in order to observe group dynamic processes and to offer recreational and experiential education.
- We organize training courses and lectures for parents and teachers to expand and deepen knowledge and skills in dealing with children and adolescents.
Anne-Kathrin Albl – Sozialpädagogin
Ulrike Lehmann – Sonderpädagogin
Madeleine Mentior – Psychologin
firstname.lastname@example.org oder +32.2.785 01 45