The German International Abitur (DIA) is an internationally-acclaimed college preparatory curriculum and diploma that provides an academically exceptional and culturally rich multilingual education to students of all nationalities and backgrounds.
As a recognised Excellent German School Abroad, the iDSB would like to give young people with an international background the opportunity to prepare intensively for the Abitur: Study in small classes and enhance your knowledge of the German language and culture!
The International German School of Brussels is offering a time three-year partial scholarships (waiver of admission fee as well as waiver of 30% of the annual school fees) for the attendance of our Gymnasium (grades 10 to 12).
Who do we want to support?
The call is aimed at motivated students - especially those with an international background - who would like to achieve their German International Abitur at the iDSB in three years.
The offer is of interest, for example, to students of the European Schools with German as their first foreign language (L2).
What are the selection criteria?
- Motivation and determination
- Interest in the German education system and German culture
- A level of German that is sufficient to follow the lessons well (at least level B2 of the European Reference Framework)
Boarding school accommodation is not possible at the iDSB, but we are happy to assist in finding a host family.
How can students apply?
Interested students can apply by e-mail to our Welcome Office (Dr. Katharina Klüver-Beck and Sarah Zada) with the following documents (firstname.lastname@example.org)
-letter of motivation from the pupil (approx. 1 DIN A4 page)
-scans of the certificates from class 7 onwards
-Proof of German language skills
-Other proofs (optional)
What are the formal requirements?
- Applications are open to newcomers, i.e. students of all school types in grade 9 (grade 10 in the school year of the scholarship) who are not yet members of the iDSB school community. Applications from siblings and/or children of employees* are excluded.
- The scholarship is only available to students whose school fees are paid by a natural person (e.g. parents or other legal guardians). Students whose school fees are usually paid or assumed by a legal entity (e.g. the parents' employer) are excluded from the scholarship.
What does the scholarship include?
- intensive preparation for the Abitur in our secondary school (grades 10-12)
- high quality of teaching and a wide range of support options
- a wide range of musical, artistic and sporting activities beyond the regular lessons.
Three-year partial scholarships are awarded to cover the admission fee and 30% of the annual fee for school education at the iDSB. Excluded from the scholarship are additional costs for excursions, teaching materials, visits to the refectory, etc.
In case of any questions please contact our Welcome Office:
+32 (0)2 686 16 54
We are looking forward to your application!